Sunday, January 20, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

Oh my... I haven't blogged since September?! That's so bad. I've been taking photos of this and that to put up on here, but just never really had the time or got too lazy to. I even started a little crafty project for fun. I started making Christmas ornaments out of felt. Never finished them, but that's okay. I'll put them up on here another day.

I went back home for Thanksgiving. We had our usual family dinner with the traditional turkey and the fixings, plus the Japanese dishes. We always invite our family friends. It was weird because one of us "kids" actually had their first child. Anyways, I don't have any photos of the food we had that night. We always get too busy. But we were able to take a photo of our Black Friday Sushi and Tempura Dinner we had. It was my sister and her husband's idea. It was a lot of work. We were doing all we can until our mom came home to do her magic and get the dinner prepared and completed. It was a scary night for us. Not because of the amount of food, but because our dad got lymph-node infection during the middle of dinner. It looked like his left cheek fell down to his neck. He's fine. Just needed to take antibiotics.

Then, for Christmas, I actually went gambling at Pechanga with my parents. It was fun and weird at the same time. I was sitting in the back seat of the car with my parents driving. I felt like such a little girl. Anyways, we had our Christmas family dinner on the 29th because that's when everyone was able to get together. We did a tempura dinner that night. We all decided that tempura dinners aren't such a good idea because it got cold. It's better to do warm dishes with tempura as one of them. Not ALL tempura. We even tried tempura-ing (my sister's new word) avocados. Someone recommended it. It wasn't that great. We also bacon-wrapped some asparagus and tempura-ed those, too. Those were better. But I'm too lazy to do that again. Plus, the asparagus were expensive. Then, we did our Secret Santa thing. It was so much fun. My Secret Santa turned out to be my dad. He got me the water boiling thermos thingy. I still don't know what they're called. I love it. Makes me drink more tea instead of soda. It's healthier.

No comments: