Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunset Magazine Nacho

My husband brought home a Sunset magazine from work. It had a recipe for nachos. I'm so weak when it comes to nachos or chips and salsa. We have nacho nights sometimes. They're fun. We usually get beer and sit at the coffee table in front of the TV. Well, I liked this recipe because it's different from the cheese, chili, guacamole, sour cream, etc. toppings on it. The meat sauce from the magazine used chile verde, Mexican chorizo, and minced steak. It's really supposed to be topped with black beans as well but I don't care for them so I didn't make it. I did top it with guacamole though. And I added chopped tomatoes on there to give it more color.

Oh, I made the lemongrass coconut soup like I said I would. I thought that it came out pretty good. Next time I will add more spiciness though. I didn't make the spicy noodle. A colleague from work lent me Anne of Green Gables and I just couldn't stop watching! It was so good! I love the speech Miss Stacy gives the class. If only teaching is as easy as taking the students out to look at a bird nest...

No comments: