Monday, May 11, 2009

About Class Projects

So I introduced the Pioneer Exhibit project to the fifth-graders today. I put the two dolls I made in a tupperware and they were so nosy. They were trying to peek through to see what was in there. They were so distracted by what was in the tupperware that I actually had to move it and hide it at my desk. When I finally showed them, they loved the whole idea of making an artifact exhibit and especially loved the doll part. The letter writing part as a historical person was a little more difficult when I got them started on it. I have one who already wrote up a draft for it though. When I got home today, I quickly made up an outline the kids can follow for the letter since they had difficulty with it.

I can't wait to see how the dolls turn out! I will post as soon as the kids turn them in.

My next creative project is for Father's Day. For Mother's Day, I had them write a diamante poem made into a card, and wood photo frames (from Ikea) decorated with silk flowers. I would love to post them but their faces are on there so I'm not going to. As for the Father's Day gift, I'm still figuring it out. I was thinking of getting those cork tiles from Michaels and cutting them up to make coasters. The kids can then paint them. Ikea used to sell round and square cork coasters, but not anymore. I have some still, but I've been using them for ourselves. I like painting on them for fun.

No comments: