Sunday, May 10, 2009

Earth Day Posters

Here's a project that they have already completed. I had the fifth-graders create persuasive posters for Earth Day. I set up stations where they can read and take notes on info on the environment. Then, I had them use those info to make posters. The catch was to use things that they already have -- so reuse materials to make the poster. I also had them go up and critique each one and then vote on two of their favorites. So there was a first, second, and a tie for third place. The kids are so funny. I gave them a Tater-Ware spoon as an award. I put ribbons on them and they loved that they got biodegradable spoons. They try to smell and taste it to see if it's really potato or corn. Also as winners, I made their posters into stickers (which were really photos of their posters printed on shipping labels).

My example to the class. The class critiquing. First place winner. Second place winner. Or was this the second place winner? Third? I can't remember. But this one and the next one here are my personal favorites. Third place winner (tie).

No comments: